Wednesday, October 14, 2009
I had fun this past week end learning to make PMC (Precious Metal Clay) jewelry. Once "fired" the PMC ends up being 99.9% Fine Silver. Here are a few pictures of what I made. I had the most trouble with the butterfly pendant. But I really love how the daisy pendant came out and I'm already wearing mine and Leighton's thumbprints. Look how much bigger his thumbprint is than mine! The Swarovski Austrian Crystals are made with our birthstones, Crystal and Alexandrite (aka Light Amethyst). The chain and other findings are sterling silver. I can't wait to start offering Fingerprint / Pawprint jewelry in my store. Coming soon....
Don't forget that I have a giveaway going on with MySEOGal's 1st Blog Hop. Clock on THIS post for more info.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
My SEO Gal's 1st Blog Hop has been underway for a few days. I thought that I better get a picture up of the actual prize that I'm giving away for the blog hop. Its a Whimsical Charm Bracelet that features 22 Swarovski Austrian Crystals, 5 Furnace Beads and Sterling Silver findings. The bracelet is 7-3/4 inches long. Retail Value = $49.95. This bracelet is so fun and unusual that I want to keep it for myself! However, instead one lucky winner will be receiving it. See my post below from Oct 4th to participate. Make sure you add any comments to the post from October 4th to qualify.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
My SEO Gal’s 1st Blog Hop!
To help me become a better blogger I have joined My SEO Gals 1st Blog Hop! The blog hop runs from Oct 5th – 21st at 12:00AM Central Time. During this time make sure and visit other blogs listed on the MckLinky below. These other blogs consists of some great businesses and some of them include giveaways. Spend a little time each day for the next two weeks and you will discover some great online boutiques and maybe even win a prize or two!
As a special giveaway to kick start this new blog hop I’m giving away a special gift. It will be a Whimsical Charm Bracelet similar to the one pictured here. I’m having a couple of computer issues this week and will try to have a picture up with the actual prize by the end of the week.
The Rules of the Contest
- The winner will be chosen by random.org.
- All comments must be left between now and October 21st at 12:00am CT.
- Every entry will require a separate comment here, since that is how the random generator will work.
- You must leave a way for me to contact you in at least one of the comments that you leave on here. If you prefer, you may email me your contact info here: laura at photodesigngifts.com (no spaces).
- I will contact the winner within 72 hours and if I do not here back from the winner after 72 hours, then I will chose a new winner through random.org.
Ways to Enter Photo Design Gifts Giveaway
- Required to Enter: Visit www.photodesigngifts.com and then come back here and write a comment about what your favorite item is.
- Follow this blog, Whimsical Charms and leave a separate comment here.
- Fan Photo Design Gifts on Facebook and leave a separate comment here.
- Post about our giveaway on your Facebook Wall and come back here and leave a separate comment letting us know.
- Complete all four of the above ways to enter and leave a separate comment here to receive a bonus entry!
- During the next two weeks I may add to this list, so remember to come back and check for more chances to enter!
- Remember to have fun!!
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Recently I needed to make one of my closest friends a gift to help welcome her new baby, "5". Since this was her 2nd baby she didn't want a baby shower or gifts, but I couldn't not give her anything. So, since I'm in the process of trying to make samples for my new jewelry collection, Whimsical Charms I decided to make her a non-traditional sterling silver Mother's bracelet for her to showcase her family. I took these pictures quickly before giving her the bracelet, so I think I'll have to sneak over to her house sometime soon and take some better pictures.
The bracelet has 4 pewter picture charms to showcase her family (one each of the kids solo, one of them together and one of the parents together). The Swarovski Austrian Crystals represent the family's birthstones. I then handstamped on sterling silver the family's name.
Carmen loved the bracelet so much that she ended up ordering 3 matching keyrings (one for each Grandmother and one of herself). I hope you enjoy the bracelet as much as she did.
This design is coming soon to www.photodesigngifts.com